Learning

|
I sat up talking to Allie last night and talking through many thoughts about Christian living, morals, life, relationships, this new year etc. A new year has begun for me, I am now 27. Tears came to my eyes as I talked with Allie about the reflection of Christ that I've seen in my local church in this last year. I never thought the simple actions of somebody stroking my back in prayer or the leaders of a church humbling themselves and literally washing another mans feet would be so deeply embedded in my mind. If there is one thing that I would like to grow in this year it would be to make myself available to serve the needs of others and for my heart to be awake/burning for what is on Gods heart. Lord, may I walk in humility and confidence. I've never been so awakened to the fact that humility breeds humility. What really is our agenda for "winning" souls to Christ? Even that terminology churns my stomach. Do I love the word of God so much that I can't help but express it? Am I so grateful for what Christ has done for me on the cross that I can't but help share the gratitude and grace that was shed upon me? Do I care for peoples hearts as much as I care for my own? Do I talk to people out of impulse or genuine delight in what God has made? I can't wait for the days to come!! Expectation wells up in my heart for what has already been prepared.

4 comments:

Gretchen Fagan said...

Thank for sharing Layne, I am asking myself the same questions and finding I fall short of where I should.

Layne Eiler said...

More like what he's going to do in me.

Falguni said...

Thanks for sharing. It was great to read your blogs. God is going to do some amazing things in your life and he is going to put so many blessings and treasures in your path, as well as obstacles to build our characther. He never fails to teach us Christ-Love in everything! Beautiful Blessings!

Nathan Mallon said...

I just saw a link to your blog on Jareds blog. :)

Thanks for this post, it was refreshing and encouraging. I like how you said humility breeds humility.

-N